To provide engineering support on roadway and transit projects working with a team of engineers, consultants and other providers to meet project milestones and project deliverables on urban and usual transportation projects.
This boutique Civil Engineering firm has a diversified staff working on “once in a lifetime projects:”, careing deeply about their employees striving for life / work balance. They will be hiring Transportation Engineers for Austin, Houston and Dallas!
The Transportation Engineer provides lead engineering support on roadway and transit projects. Works with a team of engineers, consultants, and other providers to accomplish project milestones and project deliverables that may include schematic and PS&E level design for urban and rural transportation projects.
- Lead project design teams to accomplish task assignments related to transit and roadway preliminary and final design for a variety of transportation projects in accordance with federal, state, and local guidelines.
- Support Project Manager with adhering to project scopes, budgets and schedules, client interaction, and implementing QA/QC program.
- Use MicroStation, GEOPAK, InRoads and OpenRoads software to develop transportation design projects.
- Produce 3D geometric designs for roadway & highway horizontal & vertical geometry, intersection and interchanges, traffic control plans, utility layouts, cross sections, and detail sheets.
- Actively participate in implementing improvement initiatives to improve project quality and technical capabilities.
- Train members of project design team on various design tasks and tools.
- Support proposal development, project scoping and client relationship development.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in the state of Texas.
- Minimum 12 years’ experience as an engineer.
- Minimum 8 years progressively responsible design and/or project management experience with transportation projects.
- Comprehensive experience with design standards and guidelines (MUTCD, AASHTO Green Book, AASHTO Roadside Design Guide, Highway Safety Manual, Highway Capacity Manual, etc.).
- Advanced capabilities in MicroStation, GEOPAK, InRoads and OpenRoads.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written, and able to work well in a team environment.
- Detail oriented and self-starter.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Autodesk Civil3D a plus.
- TxDOT precertification in applicable design categories a plus.
Resumes to:[email protected] or call 972.808.9200
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org