During these times of uncertainty, layoffs, furlough, RIF’s , many people are considering a new career. If you’re one of them, we strongly suggest a professional exit. Here are a few tips.
- List the pros and cons of staying or quitting.
- Make sure you read any non-compete agreements/contracts previously signed.
- Resist the urge to tell people you want to quit.
- Keep your emotions in check.
- Consider your future and long-term financial consequences.
- Understand when your health insurance, 401(k), life insurance, disability insurance.
- Before you make a final decision to quit, contact your business colleagues/friends, and let them know you are open to new career opportunities