Promoting the health, safety and welfare of its citizens is the core mission of our federal, state and local governments. The nation’s public works systems provide the framework for the accomplishment of that mission.
This Heavy Civil contractor is proud to be one of the premier heavy highway and infrastructure construction companies in the region. They offer a combination of skilled personnel, a vast equipment inventory, and experience in a multitude of construction disciplines such as:
- Earthwork and grading
- Concrete and asphalt paving
- Sound barrier and retaining wall installation
- Water, wastewater and storm water redevelopment
They have provided roads for safe travel, utilities for clean water, parks for recreation, and stormwater management for flood prevention.
Established in 1972 this full service earthmoving and infrastructure redevelopment contractor services both the public and private sectors in the states of PA, NJ and DE
They are a full-service construction contractor employing over 130 professionals and operate over 250 pieces of equipment. Through professional training and safety education, they are able to offer clients 50-years of knowledge and management experience that’s key to their project’s success.
Capable of producing and managing construction projects of any size, they produce over 90% of the contract work in-house and maintain a personal approach by keeping the client’s interests a top priority while ensuring the projects are completed on time and on budget, regardless of the challenges or obstacles. Thru value engineering and half century of hands-on experience makes them the best choice for the production and management of our client’s construction project.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Paid Vacation and holidays
- Employee Healthcare and Dental Insurance
- 401K with Matching Employer Contributions
- Performance bonus
- An Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability)
The Estimator is an integral member of this Construction Management team
- Develop and prepare conceptual budgets, estimates and proposals for public and private sector infrastructure and building projects.
- The position involves plan review, attendance at pre-bid and site visits
- Obtaining material vendor and subcontractor pricing, preparing takeoffs, and calculating itemized cost estimates during both the budgeting and hard bid phases.
- Review and assess project drawings and supplemental documentation to determine the project’s scope
- Visit Project Sites and Pre Bid/Bid Openings
- Prepare Earthwork, Highway, Utilities and Site Takeoffs
- Prepare accurate estimates at schematic, design development and construction document levels for hard bids and design build projects
- Develop material take-offs, Equipment Mobilization Needs and Subcontractor Budgeting
- Review Subcontractor Bids and Scheduling
- Assist Project Management with Scheduling
- Communicate with owners, construction managers and general contractors regarding the Project’s scope, provide answers to any concerns that they may have and build relationships that will endure beyond the current job.
- Graduate of a 4-year Bachelor’s degree program in Engineering, Construction Management or related field required.
- Minimum of 8 Years of Experience Estimating Heavy Highway, Earthmoving and Underground water/waste water projects
- Ability to read and interpret civil, structural and architectural plans and specifications.
- Proficiency in HCSS Heavy Bid (Estimating) and Heavy Job (Project Management) software
- Ability to utilize Agtek Earthwork 4D takeoff software
- Proficiency and working experience in Microsoft Office Platform.
- Ability to prioritize work to accommodate concurrent projects and finite deadlines
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
Not ready to change, refer to colleagues
Send resume to [email protected] or phone Bill 972.808.9200
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org